Public Affairs and Legislative Advocacy Intern
- Contact legislator offices and clinics to schedule visits
- Serve as a liaison between clinics, OAFC - CHN, and legislators regarding visits
- Collect visit information from clinics (follow-up)−Work with OAFC - CHN staff and Legislative Committee to develop Legislative Plan
- Develop toolkits for meeting with the legislators in the clinic and in their office
- Assist in planning and executing the 2019 Legislative Health Fair in February 2019
- Perform legislative advocacy on behalf of charitable healthcare organization in spring 2019
Strong knowledge and understanding of legislative advocacy and legislative outreach and/or previous experience regarding legislative process preferred.