Become a VISTA Host Site - 2018/2019
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
- AmeriCorps VISTA is a National Service program specifically designed to fight poverty. The program is funded through the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- VISTA Members are full-time volunteers who serve for a full year at a host site, building capacity for the organization through indirect service activities, including: volunteer recruitment and coordination, fundraising, marketing, and project development.
- Over the last service year alone, OAFC AmeriCorps VISTA Members raised $219,920 in cash and in-kind contributions for their host sites, recruited 59 new community volunteers, managed 651 existing volunteers, and provided 167 trainings to staff and volunteers.
Apply for the 2018 - 2019 AmeriCorps VISTA Service Year
- All OAFC member clinics and non-member health safety net organizations are eligible to apply.
- The 2018 – 2019 VISTA service year will begin in June. Limited slots are available. Organizations interested in participating in the OAFC VISTA Program must apply for consideration.
- OAFC will release the Host Site Application on Monday, November 13. Applications will be due no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, January 19.
- Attend the OAFC VISTA Application Overview Webinar on Monday, November 20, at 1:00 PM. Contact Tim Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.